Monday, October 26, 2009

Musing Mondays - Oct 26








Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about note taking…

Do you take notes while reading – either for your reviews or for yourself? How/where do you make these notes (on the page, post-its, scrap paper, notebooks etc)?

I sometimes take notes, mainly about the characters and if anything important happens that I want to make note of in my review. I also will write down quotes from time-to-time but often forget to use them in my review.

I use cute notebooks that I pick up here and there (mainly the dollar store and Dollar General). They are usually colorful and different and I tend to have several of them going at one time because I want to start using a new one.

To link up and see other people's answers for this week's Musing Monday head over to Just One More Page.

9 comments:

zetor said...

I like to use post-its or some sort of stickers to remember significant lines.

caite said...

I'm another fan of the post-its. Mark a few key quotes but that is the limit of my prep.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't been taking notes, but I'm thinking that I should! When I'm doing my reviews, I'm scrambling around trying to find that special line or quote...alas!

Post-its seem like a good idea.

fredamans said...

Here's my musing: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/10/musing-monday_26.html

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I'm not a fan of note taking. Here is mine

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I do make notes, mostly on sticky notes.

Momma Hunt said...

I really don't take notes unless I am reading something related to my work. If I am pleasure reading (even for a review book) I do not take notes because I am usually curled up in bed reading!

Yvonne said...

I don't take notes. I just write the reviews as soon as I finish the book, so I don't forget anything :)

Zee said...

I like the idea of cute notebooks. The more I read about other peoples note taking the more I want to get better at it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.