Thursday, September 3, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - September 3

btt button

Here is this week's Booking Through Thursday question:

What’s the biggest book you’ve read recently?

(Feel free to think “big” as size, or as popularity, or in any other way you care to interpret.)


Biggest as in longest - 422 pages of The Last Ember by Daniel Levin. Looking back over my spreadsheet it appears I haven't read anything much longer this year. Wow.












Biggest Author - Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson (review posting later today)













Biggest as in popularity - Club Dead by Charlaine Harris - the Sookie Stackhouse series is huge now with True Blood out there. I think the wait list for this on PBS was over 300 people!

9 comments:

Susan said...

You've got some good reads here :) Here's my BTT.

BurtonReview said...

I get so annoyed when everyone remembers to put the good books on their Paperbackswap wish list before me. I've given up on ones with over 20 people.
My BTT is here The Burton Review

gautami tripathy said...

The Last Ember sounds good!

Booking through Big

Momma Hunt said...

I would say the biggest book that I have read would be the Twillight series. I am a high school teacher and all my students were reading the books. Over Christmas last year I picked up the first one and instantly feel in love and totally devoured the entire series!!! Loved them!

Mae said...

Whoa! That's a long waiting list for Sookie!! I much prefer the tv series. I never thought I'd say that (tv/movie over original books) but the books are sometimes...difficult to read. In a bad way.

Amy said...

Nice picks! I'm looking forward to your review.

Rob said...

Crystal - you answer so thoroughly. You list nothing I've ever heard of, but I do live a shallow and lonely life :o)

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Those are big name reads. Here is mine

Novroz said...

I saw a lot of people mentioned 400pages as their biggest (in thickness) book. For me, that's my normal book...big book is when it reaches up to 1000pages.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.