Saturday, August 22, 2009

Review: Seven Up by Janet Evanovich



Seven Up by Janet Evanovich





rating: 4.0/5.0






From Amazon.com:
BLOWN UP
All New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has to do is bring in semi-retired bail jumper Eddie DeChooch. For an old man he's still got a knack for slipping out of sight--and raising hell. How else can Stephanie explain the bullet-riddled corpse in Eddie's garden? Who else would have a clue as to why two of Stephanie's friends suddenly vanished? For answers Stephanie has the devil to pay: her mentor, Ranger. The deal? He'll give Stephanie all the help she needs--if she gives him everything he wants . . .

MESSED UP
As if things weren't complicated enough, Stephanie's just discovered her Grandma Mazur's own unmentionable alliance with Eddie. Add a series of unnerving break-ins, not to mention the bombshell revelation leveled by Stephanie's estranged sister, and Stephanie's ready for some good news. Unfortunately, a marriage proposal from Joe Morelli, the love of her life, isn't quite cutting it. And now--murder, a randy paramour, a wily mobster, death threats, extortion, and a triple kidnapping aside--Stephanie's really got the urge to run for her life . . .

Another fun romp with our favorite Jersey girl, her family and the men in her life. I was reading this one on the treadmill at the gym and I know people around me were wondering why I was laughing the whole time. You know the kind of laughing that you do when you are somewhere you aren't supposed to be laughing. That was me - tears streaming down my cheeks laughing on the treadmill. Oh well - it's another good Stephanie Plum book.

The fun thing is I usually listen to these on audio and this time I was reading one, and now the voices from the audio come through when I'm reading - so that makes it even more interesting.

So if you haven't read it, catch up with the series and check it out. If you have - then you know it's a fun book. Now I just need my library to reopen so I can get Hard Eight, because this one ends very interesting and I'm dying to know what happens next . . .

Binding: Paperback
On-sale Date: June 4, 2002
Publisher: St. Martin's
Pages: 352

From: My local library

2 comments:

Momma Hunt said...

I loved all of the plum number series but I do remember this one being very very funny!

L said...

So she and Morelli broke up. What do you think will happen in book 8, hmmm??? Any guesses? A clue: it's fantastic!
Glad you liked it, the old guy was a perfect foil.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.