Monday, June 8, 2009

Mailbox Monday - June 8th

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. To see this weeks list of participants go here.

Another good week. First the ARCs I received this week:

Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned About Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat - by Gwen Cooper - Delacorte Press - Publish Date: 8/25/09 - I must admit I don't read much non-fiction, but I can't wait to dive into this. It helps that the cat on the cover looks like our baby cat! Just from flipping through the chapter names are clever and it makes me antsy to read this.







I Apologize by Bradley Booth - Affluent Publishing - June 1, 2009 - I received this through the reader giveaways on Library Thing from the author. I love what the author wrote on the blank page where he signed the book for me - "Love is the elixir that makes life worth living" - This looks to be a very good book and is close to the top of my tbr review pile. This is also based on what the author went through after losing his fiancee to a rare form of leukemia.











Gifts of War by Mackenzie Ford - Nan A. Talese/Doubleday Publishing - Publish Date: 6/23/09 - Set during World War I - this sounds like a wonderful book and love story. It is written by a well-known historian (Mackenzie Ford is his nom de plume) so it should be rather factual and I look forward to the story and learning more about this period of time that I know little about (we never seemed to get that far in any of my history classes in high school).






I also made a library trip with my sweetie to get more books (like I need them), but sweetie is taking good care of me while I am awaiting my surgery so he indulges me by taking me to the library (not like he didn't come out with about 8 books). Here is what I got:

  • Black Cross by Greg Iles - I've read most of his books
  • The Bay at Midnight by Diane Chamberlain
  • Grand Avenue by Joy Fielding - I'm working my way through her backlist
  • The Genesis Code by John Case
  • The Second Opinion by Michael Palmer - love his books
  • The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
  • Highland Fling by Katie Fforde
  • Improbably by Adam Fawer
  • The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry - working my way through his backlist also - read all of the Cotton Malone books and love them
  • Sailing to Capri by Elizabeth Adler

From Paperbackswap:

  • Dead Before Dark by Wendy Corsi Staub
  • Dressmaking: A Step-by-Step Course by Leila Aitken - I'm a sewer and it looks to be a good book
  • Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

4 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm getting jealous of all you who snagged Gifts of War!

♔ jessica.marie said...

Oh those look like some interesting additions to your library! I hope you enjoy reading them! ^_^

Yvonne said...

Wow, they all look great! Enjoy!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Great week! I got Homer too (so cute, but I hope it's not too sad). I am a big cat lover.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.