Tuesday, March 31, 2009

14 by J.T. Ellison


From Amazon:
Ten victims, each with pale skin and long dark hair. All have been slashed across the throat, the same red lipstick smeared across their lips.

In the mid-1980s the Snow White Killer terrorized the streets of Nashville, Tennessee. Then suddenly the murders stopped. A letter from the killer to the police stated that his work was done.

Now four more bodies are found, marked with his fatal signature. The residents of Nashville fear a madman has returned, decades later, to finish his sick fairy tale. Homicide Lieutenant Taylor Jackson believes the killings are the work of a copycat killer who's even more terrifying. For this monster is meticulously honing his craft as he mimics famous serial murders…proving that the past is not to be forgotten.


I've come to realize that I'm not that great at summarizing books so from now on I'll rely on amazon or another site's description. On to the review:

I remember enjoying All the Pretty Girls - the first in the Taylor Jackson series, but it's been awhile. However it will not be awhile before I read Judas Kiss, the third in the series. 14 was just that good. Taylor is now engaged and dealing with her wedding coming up but also with this Snow White Killer case. More insight is given into her fiancee, her father and her co-workers. I really enjoyed her co-workers, their banter and how well they worked together. Romance figures into this but I would say it is suspense first and foremost since the couple is already involved. Taylor continues to grow as a person and as a detective and I look forward to seeing how well she does in Judas Kiss. If you enjoy suspense and continuing series, I fully recommend getting started with this series. You won't regret it.

On Sale Date: September 1, 2008
Date Started: 03-20-09
Date Finished: 03-22-09
From: My TBR
Publisher: Mira
Rating: 4.5/5.0
Genre: Suspense/Romantic Suspense
Series: Taylor Jackson
# in Series: 2
Previous books in series: All the Pretty Girls
Pages: 418

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I have 14 on my shelf and it's been there for a long time. I need to get caught up on my reading and STOP purchasing more books. ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.